a diorama of an art exhibition


a diorama

of an art

exhibition

Saturday

interview with christina owen

Christina is one of the artists showing her work in the no.3 exhibit at the moment.



[above works by christina owen]

To stay within the theme of the number three...The musee asked her 3 personal questions...

[musee] - 1. What was the most favorite thing you have ever owned or had? 


[christina] - 'Probably my horse skull. I found it at a yard sale my first week in Oregon after moving here. It was under a patio table covered in moss. I still couldn't believe the moss situation here. I brought it home and scrubbed it clean in the bathtub. Its jaw wasn't attached so I wired it together. Now it just sits on a chair or sometimes next to my bed. It's just very beautiful.'


[musee] - 2. If you were down in a bomb shelter for the next 10 years and someone curiously yelled down a tube one day and asked you if you wanted them to pick you up some food from any restaurant in the world...and that place were still open....where would that food be from? and what dishes would you want?


[christina] - 'How sadistic. I'd probably want a cheeseburger at that point. There was a restaurant by my house called Lovely Hula Hands that made the best cheeseburger with bleu cheese. It's closed now, but we're talking about a hypothetical future in which this person is probably trying to lure me out of my shelter so he can eat me himself, right?'


[musee] - 3. Did you have a favorite twilight zone episode or outer limits episode, when you were a kid...and what about it really stuck with you?


[christina] - ' I can't say it was my favorite, but the old gremlin on the airplane wing certainly made an impression on me. And by impression I mean a deeply programmed neurosis that cripples me to this day involving dark windows and the curtains that cover them.'

No comments:

Post a Comment